Stepping back for a moment...
I get so wrapped up in Mina Brigitta's immediate medical condition I sometimes forget about some of the other significant things that happen during the day. Keri and I have always been overwhelmed and incredibly grateful for all of the support we've received, from cards and letters to prayers, thoughts, wishes, meals, all of it. We feel tremendously blessed. A few days ago Mina Brigitta got a really nice package from Teri's husband's family in Lake Stevens, WA, who've pretty much adopted her as one of their own, with homemade cards and artwork, and even a mobile to hang above Mina Brigitta's bed. Grandma Lyn sent some shiny hearts that hang from shiny streamers, and some artwork by cousin Zane. Yesterday she received a package of artwork from a grade school class taught by a former babysitter that Keri knew from Syracuse. And today she received a wonderful care package from Keri's friend Kristin and her family in Alaska. Kristin knows that Mina loves to pull Kleenex tissues out of the box, so they sent five or six Kleenex boxes with surprises hidden under all of the tissues. She had great fun pulling tissues out of the boxes all day long, and hasn't yet found a surprise. They also sent a video of their beautiful girls singing songs. You can see how easy it is to be overwhelmed with people's generosity, and that's without even mentioning the lovely ice cream spoons from the Sundqvist family in Karlstad, Sweden, and the many other gifts we've received, in addition to the day-to-day support that has helped so much. I don't know how we could ever begin to repay people's generosity. All I can think of to do is to keep saying thank you, from the bottom of our hearts, over and over again.

1 Comments:
At 8:05 PM PST,
Anonymous said…
Hey Arn and Ker,
I of course checked the posting first thing this morning and didn't really know what to say. In watching this all day I am struck by the fact that there are no comments. I don't write every day even though all of you are NEVER off of my mind, but for some reason did not know what to say to todays post. You know that I am a logistics person and that knowing counts, fevers, reactions, medications and all of that are the things that make me feel more comfortable and somehow more in control of the situation. The worry we all feel is so small and so insignificant in comparison to the magnitude of emotion you are both feeling. I think, at least for me the feeling of insignificance when you stop and take the time to say thanks to everyone else makes us speechless. The four of you DESERVE ALL OF THE PRAYERS AND THOUGHTS coming your way and it is with realization of how little any of us can do that those thoughts come to you. I know I am rambling and am not a very good writer, but I hope you realize we all love you guys and wish you all the best. That little niece of mine is a bright and shining star and she will beat all of this. She has the gumption. Love to you all. Don't ever forget how much you all are loved. Arne get some sleep if you can.
Auntie & Sister Kristi
Post a Comment
<< Home