Mina Brigitta's Hospital Blog

Daily entries chronicling Mina Brigitta Mae Olson's battle with Acute Myelogenous Leukemia

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Another low-energy day

Not sure why Mina Brigitta has been so low on energy the last couple of days. Her red blood counts are still very good after the transfusion Sunday. Maybe the chemo is still having some lingering effects. Whatever the cause, she's been pretty whiny and clingy the last couple of days, hasn't wanted to walk around at all, and hasn't wanted to each much. Today she just had a few bites of various things throughout the day. But then when Dadda brought up his spaghetti and meatballs from the cafeteria she all of a sudden wanted "num-num". Then she sat on my lap and ate half my dinner, and I was happy to keep giving it to her.

There was a 4-yr. old girl here, Mckayla, who liked to walk the halls and kind of made friends with Mina Brigitta. Mckayla made Mina Brigitta a picture frame with seashells and little beads spelling out "Brigitta", and also did the same thing with a can. She went home on Monday, but before she went she gave Brigitta a little black baby doll she'd been playing with for the two weeks she was here. Turns out it was the same doll that Mina Brigitta found in the playroom at 9 mos. and wouldn't put down, which kicked off her whole fascination with baby dolls. (When we saw her with that doll last year, Keri and I just looked at each other and said, "Oh yeah, we have a girl baby," and felt kind of stupid for not having known how much she would love a baby doll.) The doll got the same reaction this time. It pretty much hasn't left Mina Brigitta's hands since it came in the room, and it's been in the bed with us the last three nights. She calls it "other baby", and has named it "Sissy".

3 Comments:

  • At 11:30 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope that things continue to go well in my absence. I will miss you guys and will send out my thoughts of you on a daily basis...I hope to have access to the net so I can keep up with the blog. Well, I am off to bed to get ready to leave tommorow. I hope that you have a great night and couple weeks. Give the kids a hug for me and yourselves too!!!
    Thanks again for the beautiful cards and gift (I have the kids card hanging on my wall already)

     
  • At 11:30 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    last comment was from Amber...sorry, forgot to put my name (as if you didn't know it was me)

     
  • At 7:21 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, How prescious!
    I love the vision of Mina's new found friend. Anta is praying for new strength each day. I am looking forward to playing with you soon Mina and Nick wants to play too, so get your rest and we will be there before you know it. Big butterfly kiss to you and floobers to brother, as well as a big hug for you all. I love you, Anta Teri

     

Post a Comment

<< Home